Our leather collection epitomises understated luxury. From leather armchairs to trunks and desk accessories, leather brings a refined quality to everyday objects that few other materials can attain. Leather is naturally hard-wearing and with a little bit of love and care, it can last generations.
Maintenance and Care Instructions
In order to prolong the life of your leather furniture, OKA suggests the following maintenance and care:
- Do not place your leather too close to a heat source, as it may cause it to crack and age prematurely.
- Protect your leather from direct sunlight, as it may cause it to discolour or crack.
- Sharp objects such as cutlery and pens can score the surface of leather.
- Avoid sitting on the arms, back or very edge of your leather furniture as this may cause distortion and/or damage.
- Caution those wearing clothing with transferable dyes, such as blue jeans, that the dye could transfer onto light coloured leather furniture.
- Always test cleaning methods on a hidden area first, to make sure you achieve the desired result.
- Spills should be removed immediately with a soft, clean, dye-free cloth. Make sure that the cloth is dry, as water can cause the leather to discolour.
- Be gentle with your leather furniture. Never use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaning products.
- Dust and vacuum your leather furniture regularly.
- Never use soap or soak the leather with water, as this can cause serious damage to the surface of the leather.
- Do not use furniture polish, oils, varnish or ammonia water.