All OKA loose covers are made from natural fabrics, please see the notes on natural fabrics in the introductory section.
- Loose covers can be rejuvenated by dry-cleaning, which will also help prevent premature wear.
- All loose covers have a 3% tolerance on shrinkage during use and cleaning.
- Regular re-dressing may be required, as loose covers can shift position during use.
- In some cases loose covers are delivered to you in a separate package, not on the furniture. In these instances some creasing may be evident when the covers are first fitted. These creases will drop out naturally after a period of time or, if you prefer, a light steaming will speed up the process.
Maintenance and Care Instructions
We recommend the following maintenance and care for your upholstered furniture. Please note however, that because of the variety of fabrics and fibre combinations used, there is no guarantee that these methods will be completely successful. If in doubt, we recommend professional upholstery cleaning.
- Vacuum your furniture using the upholstery attachment of your vacuum cleaner, to remove dust and grit that may cause abrasion and premature wear. Professional cleaning is the best way to make a slightly soiled sofa look new again, but weekly vacuuming will make professional cleaning a less frequent event.
- Never brush any fabric with a stiff fibre or metal brush, which may damage the fibres.
- Caution those wearing clothing with transferable dyes, such as blue jeans, that the dye could transfer onto light coloured furniture.
- Avoid sitting on the arms, back or very edge of your furniture as this may cause distortion and/or damage.
- It is advisable to avoid liquids near upholstered fabrics to avoid the risk of spills.
- If spills occur it is important to clean the fabric immediately to avoid the stain becoming permanent. Ideally use a clean, dry, absorbent cotton cloth to blot up the spill (if you use paper towels make sure that they are white to avoid any colour transferring on to the fabric). If blotting doesn’t quite finish the job and the stain is still visible, professional cleaning is advised.
- Never apply cleaning solutions to visible areas of your upholstery fabric without first testing on hidden areas. It is important to pre-test for colourfastness and fabric compatibility.
- If your furniture becomes stained, scratched or chipped or suffers other damage we recommend professional help is sought to restore it.
- The repeated use of a silicone-based polish is not recommended as this will lead to the build up of a silicone film, which will alter the appearance of the piece.
- Some furniture polishes are unsuitable for use on painted and High Gloss surfaces and can degrade the paint. Always ensure that polishes are suitable for end use.
- Never use abrasive cleaning agents or cloths (e.g. linen cloths, paper towels etc) on High Gloss surfaces as these will scratch.
- Glass or mirrored panels should be cleaned using a non-solvent based glass cleaner and a soft cloth, carefully avoiding contact with wooden or painted sections.
- If your furniture becomes stained, scratched or chipped, or suffers other damage we recommend professional help is sought to restore it.
Following the guidelines above will ensure product performance is maintained. OKA is not to be held responsible for defects caused by the misuse of your product.