Taking time to set your dining table properly adds a sense of occasion to any dinner party or dining event, and will be much appreciated by your guests. After all, you’ve decided on your menu, you’ve gathered all the ingredients, and you’ve done the cooking – there’s no reason to tarnish the meal at the last step with a sub-par presentation (or worse, having everyone eat on sofas in front of the TV).
1. First of all, make sure you have enough plates for all the courses you’ll be serving. Simple yet sophisticated white china, such as our Sorano dinnerware set, is a dining essential – it’s extremely versatile, being both elegant enough for a dinner party and robust enough for everyday use.
2. Each place setting should have a tumbler for water, a glass for wine, and if there’s cause for celebration, a champagne flute.
3. Even everyday cutlery looks smarter when laid out correctly, but ensure you replenish the available selection after each course.
4. Neatly position a crisp white napkin upon a side plate or soup bowl, and embellish with a tassel or tie as a final flourish.
5. A cluster of glass decanters in different sizes makes for a wonderful table display, while also allowing guests to refill their glasses as and when they choose.
6. Achieve a magical evening ambience by pairing glass hurricane lamps with pillar candles.
7. Create a show-stopping centrepiece with a decadent arrangement of beautiful (and very realistic) faux flowers.
8. Finally, add personality to your table setting with a few finishing touches. A small favour at each place setting will be well received, while the addition of throws and cushions will allow guests to sit back, relax, and enjoy the evening.