All-Weather Rattan furniture is made from durable synthetic rattan on a lightweight, rust-proof, aluminium frame. Most ranges come with polyester covered, water-resistant cushions.
Maintenance and Care Instructions
All-Weather Rattan is resilient in all weathers and can be stored outside all year round. In order to prolong the life of your furniture, we recommend the following maintenance and care.
- Vacuum covers regularly using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner, to remove grit that can cause abrasion. Never brush fabric with a stiff fibre or metal brush as this can damage the fibres.
- Reverse cushions regularly to ensure even wear.
- Protect fabrics from the sun when not in use as ultraviolet light can cause the fibres to degenerate and colours to fade.
- Fabrics are not stain resistant, so spills may stain.
- We recommend covering your furniture in the winter months to prevent a build up of dirt and debris in the weave of the frame.
- Store cushions when not in use: the covers won't be damaged by rain but the fillings may take a little while to dry out. Ensure that covers are completely dry before storing to avoid mildew forming.
- The frame can be washed down with a hose to remove dirt and debris.
- Cushion covers are not suitable for machine washing or dry cleaning; they should be cleaned by hand. Avoid the use of soap or detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides as they may damage the finish. It is important to pre-test for colourfastness and fabric compatibility in a hidden area before using any product.
- After regular cleaning, fabrics may lose their water-resistant finish. This can be reapplied using a proprietary brand of fabric protector recommended for that fabric.
- If spills occur, blot immediately with a dry cotton cloth (if you use paper towels make sure that they are white to avoid any colour transferring to the fabric). Avoid soaking the fabric as this may reduce the efficacy of the water-resistant finish. If blotting with a dry cloth doesn't quite finish the job and the stain is still visible, professional cleaning is advised.
- Caution those wearing clothing with transferable dyes, such as blue jeans, that the dye could transfer onto light furniture.
Following the guidelines above will ensure product performance is maintained. OKA is not to be held responsible for defects caused by the misuse of your product.