Caring for prints and pictures
- Avoid exposing your picture/wall art to excessive heat (for example, by placing it directly above a radiator) as this can cause cracking.
- A minimum 30cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- We do not recommend locating products in excessively high or low temperatures, or where the environment is often damp, as this may cause product issues.
- It is important to use correct-sized secure wall fixings. We recommend using a professional service.
- Do not hang your picture or wall art on damp or recently plastered walls.
- If your wall art or picture is framed, do not strike the glass pane with hard or pointed items.
- Do not use detergents or cleansers that contain abrasives, as these may scratch the glass when
applied with a cloth.
Maintenance and care instructions
To prolong the life of your piece, we advise the following:
- To maintain the appearance of your picture/wall art, we recommend regular dusting with a soft cloth.
- If your picture/wall art is framed with glass, it should be cleaned using a non-solvent based glass cleaner and soft cloth, carefully avoiding contact with wooden or painted sections.
- The repeated use of a silicone-containing polish is not recommended as it will lead to a build-up of a silicone film which may alter the appearance of the piece.
- Dropping pictures/wall art can cause damage.
- If the glass pane on your wall art is chipped or broken, immediate repair is recommended to avoid both personal injury and injury to the artwork.
- If your picture/wall art features a glass pane, avoid dragging items across the surface as this may cause fine surface scratches.
- If your picture becomes stained, scratched or chipped, or suffers other damage, we recommend a professional service is sought to restore it.
- If you have relevant insurance you may wish to contact them for advice.